Friday, July 4, 2008

Blessings...

One more post for the day -

So lately things have been very unpredictable and stressful. I try my best to "roll with the punches" but being the planner I am, it is very difficult for me to do. So this week on top of the regular stuff, Bradley started to get sick on Tues. By Wed. we decided it was strep and Dr. Eldredge phoned in his first prescription (blessing one - having a doctor in the house). Denten was all smiles from phoning in the prescription, while I looked at my sad motionless 2 year old who always has a smile and it was missing, it just broke my heart. Also on Wed., Denten decided I should answer the office phone from home since it is his wound care day and no one would be in the office to answer the phone. I was skeptical, but went along with it. By 3:30pm I was at my limit, totally loosing it when I found out the cabinet makers were coming for dinner. I wanted to scream, but I took a deep breath and said, sure what time. As I held my baby who was unable to swallow anything and tried to think what I could make without going to the store, the phone rang with a patient trying to schedule an appointment and at that moment I had had enough!

Now today, the Fourth of July, we had been planning on attending a series of activities here in Benicia so when Bradley woke up and was feeling better (still can't swallow anything but at least no temp) I was starting to smile again... when I learned Denten had been throwing up all night and then a cry from the other room as Bryce ran to the bathroom to throw up. So my three guys are currently resting in the family room together and I for the first time in I don't know how long, actually feel relieved! I am so sorry they are not feeling well, but I don't have to do anything for anyone at this exact minute. It is the best feeling I have had in a long time. Selfish maybe, but much needed. I love being a wife and mother and would never give it up! I hope you guys get better real soon, but I am thankful for the hidden blessing of having 3 guys wiped out and a few moments to myself.

5 comments:

Deborah W said...

What's going on at your house!??? Sorry to hear the guys are sick...but I'm glad you are able to see the silver lining. Let me know if I can do anything for you! Love, Deb

Monica M said...

Yuck! Glad it is at your house and not mine. Go watch Nacho Libre, it will cheer you up.

Jenny Dahl said...

Laurel it was great to hear from you. Kristin forwarded your e-mail to me! Hope all your guys start feeling better soon! And congrats a million times on the new practice! One more year for us! Take care.

kimberly said...

Hi Laurel! I'm so lame when it comes to blogging because I didn't notice you left a comment on my blog. Your blog looks great and your boys are so cute! Isn't it great being surrounded by boys all the time? And your recipes look delicious. I need to try them out because I've been in such a rut when it comes to making dinner these days . . . we've been eating a lot of meals from the freezer.

Hope you guys are all feeling better!

Genuinely Garff said...

Laurel, I just love you. Thank you for sharing real thoughts and frustrations. I can totally relate and know it's nice to have a break under ANY circumstances. Hope you're feeling more settled and that the boys are all better. Love you friend!