Sunday, July 20, 2008

Our New Life

When Denten finished residency, I wasn't really expecting things to change too much. I was hoping for a bigger pay check, but the student loan bills came too, so that hasn't made much difference. But it really is so nice! I finally feel like a real family. Denten goes to work from about 7am-6pm everyday. A normal schedule!!! I love it. We eat dinner together, go on family walks, take the kids to the park as a family. I finally have my best friend back again. So there are lots of new stresses, mostly having to do with insurance billing, but I am really happy. My mom has been flying up to watch the boys on Thurs and Fri so I can work in Denten's office until he finds more help and I have loved it! It has been so fun to watch him with the patients and actually see him do some work. He does a great job. I am really proud of him. And to my surprise, I really like working in the office and with him! I miss the kids (even though they don't miss me since they are with their grandma), but enjoy the break from home and interaction with adults. I think Grandma is getting a little worn out and Denten has a good applicant to pursue, but I have really enjoyed the time spent with him. I don't want to let it go, so I told him I would be his office manager and do his billing (from home), payroll, supplies, etc. I am excited! Just wanted to give everyone a little update that life is good. Hope you are all doing well too!

2 comments:

jhoopes said...

Fun to hear this perspective--after school (finally!!) Glad to hear things are going so well. How nice that your mom can come up to take care of the boys! Sounds like a good life. :)

Amy Petersen Coaching said...

I totally understand what you are saying. To have your husband back completely is so nice. I realized just how much I missed him now that he is back. Life never gets less stressful but it is so nice to fell some permanence and enjoy this phase. Great to hear you are doing well.
Amy