Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Housebound...ugh...

I have been blessed to have really healthy kids most of the time, but beginning last Wednesday, Bradley has been sick. He had a temperature for 4 days and it has now turned into a nasty sounding cough. Needless to say, we have been pretty isolated. He also has been wanting to be held constantly. Somedays, I would give anything to have him want me to hold him, but after 8 days of holding him, reading books and watching cartoons, it has really worn on me. Actually, he is getting better and things are finally looking up, which is why I think I can write about it, but I am definitely not a person who enjoys spending endless hours at home. Our usual schedule goes like this:
6:30 AM Bryce wakes up
6:45 AM I stop fighting the desire to go back to sleep and get up
7AM Go for a quick run with Bryce (He has actually become a fun little running partner. He talks the entire time which makes the run go by very quickly and I think he really enjoys the one-on-one time he gave up 3 years ago when his little brother was born.)
7:30AM Make Breakfast and lunches
8AM Quick Shower
8:20AM Take Bryce to school
8:40AM Finish getting ready and take Bradley to his morning activity
9:30AM Play tennis (My new favorite hobby!) or run errands
11:30AM Pick Bradley up and run errands or go to the park and eat lunch
2:53PM Pick Bryce up from school
3:10PM Begin homework
3:30PM Kids get a snack and then play. I clean and do dishes.
5 PM or so depending on day take Bryce to his afternoon activity
6:30PM Eat dinner and begin bedtime routine
8PM Lights out for kids!
As you can see, not much of this time is spent at home usually. Although I am grateful for the beautiful home I have, I would much rather be outdoors with friends. I am so grateful to all my friends!---I miss spending time with you guys! Hopefully we will be back in the routine again soon.

3 comments:

jhoopes said...

I hear ya, I am embracing myself for a long Fall/Winter full of canceling playdates and rescheduling things because of sick kids. Not to mention the sleepless nights, etc. Good to hear you are on the way out! Hope you all can stay healthy!! :)

Deborah W said...

I hope Bradley feels better very soon! And that the rest of your family doesn't come down with whatever he has. If they haven't yet...perhaps you're in the clear. Hope to see you all soon! Love, Deb

Isom Crew said...

Hey, we should play tennis! Are you good? I don't know if I am yet or not. Where do you play? FYI - I'm reading your blog from the top down so I'm glad Bradley is feeling better. I'll give you a call!